Please click to give FREE Mammograms (it’s FREE) at:
Hippikos also collaborates with 1% of total annual invoicing
Our horses and instructors are capable of teaching riders of all ages and abilities,
from beginner to Grand Prix.
We own 22 horses, from excellent blood lines – including pure breed Lusitano stallions – some of them skilfully trained to do flying changes (up to one tempi), lateral work (half pass, leg yielding, shoulder in), extended trot, canter pirouettes, piaffe, passage, Spanish walk and work on the long lines and some of them skilfully trained to do show-jumping.
Subject to your ability, you may also have the opportunity to ride some of our competition horses.
Lessons in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
o usually maximum of 2 riders per lesson in order to ensure top level equestrian instruction
o the guests are free to vary the instructor, the level and the intensity of the lessons
o any of the lessons can be exchanged for a lunging session, in order to correct/improve the seat and riding position, or for a free hack
The programmes also include:
ü horse, tack, instructor/guide and tax
ü 6 nights’ accommodation is provided for a maximum of 12 guests:
§ on site, at Hippikos farm – 1 double-room and the 4 twin-rooms, all en-suite and air conditioned – where guests feel totally at home, enjoying panoramic views of the surrounding valley and mountains;
§ or in a reserved wonderful Portuguese traditional small country granite house, 50/100 meters close to Hippikos, with 2 private double-rooms served by a big balcony with views of the surrounding valley and mountains, a shared bathroom, an extra toilet-room, a kitchen, a living-room, pleasant gardens and a big inside yard where cars can be parked.
ü all meals (beverages and coffee included)
§ home cooked meals made with home grown ingredients;
§ all the meals are prepared daily and served farmhouse style;
§ the meals are served with wine (Vinho Verde) from our own vineyards and,
§ to enjoy a Portuguese wine tasting, each meal you also can drink a different wine from a different Portuguese region;
§ special dietary requirements, such as vegetarian, can be catered for upon request at booking
ü indoor heated swimming pool and tennis court
ü free wireless internet access
ü and you can have some laundry done for free.
HIPPIKOS headquarters or
BRAGA Train Station at a pre-arranged time or
BRAGA Bus Station at a pre-arranged time or
PORTO City at a pre-arranged local and time or
PORTO Airport at a pre-arranged time
· ACI Airports Council International (service quality survey of air travellers) has singled out Porto’s Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport with the award of the 1st place in the category of Best European Airport in 2007.
· In 2011 Porto’s Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport has been distinguished by the 6th year running by ACI-Airports Council International, as one of the top three European airports at the Airport Service Quality Awards promoted by ACI - Airport Council International, in the category of Best European Airport.
Transfers to/from Hippikos:
Available 24/7 and payable locally
For emergencies, questions or concerns:
Feel free to contact us on our cell phone: +351 917 323 397 - available 24/7
Or e-mail us at: email@example.com
Hiking, Sightseeing, Towns/Villages Tours, Shopping...
SWIMING in our indoor pool, *MASSAGES by certified therapist, *TENNIS LESSONS with professional coaching available, **GOLF (20/40 minutes distance), ***Biking (Mountain/Road), Beaches (35 minutes distance)…
* exclusively for equestrian guests and payable locally.
** payable locally. There are 4 beautiful GOLF courses available near Hippikos:
1. Ponte de Lima Golf – A marvellous 18-hole course for a Par 71 of 6005 meters, located on the rural area of Ponte de Lima, is a mixed between level and hilly. These unique characteristics in the northern region delight players with the fantastic views over the Lima valley as well as having contact with the typical Minho countryside. GPS Coordinates: N41º44'52'' W8º34’27’’.
2. Estela Golf Club – An 18-hole course for a Par 72 situated near a lively summer resort, Póvoa de Varzim, this golf course is a typical links course (at the sea side). Built over three kilometres of beautiful dunes and two big lakes, provides breathtaking views over the Atlantic. Lengths: White 6155m / Yellow 5878m / Red 5265m. GPS Coordinates: N41º27’23’’ W8º46’36’’.
3. Quinta da Barca Golf – A 9-hole course. It has five Par-3 holes and four Par-4 holes for a Par 31. It is possible to complete a second round using different 'tees' and thus complete a full 18-hole. With a gentle design nevertheless demanding some alert game strategy, undulating greens, ingeniously placed bunkers and three lakes. The course starts off in a tree covered area until hole number 5, with its fairways cutting through the pine forest. From that point onward, the holes are set in more open landscape, running near the Cavado River (3 km from the Atlantic Ocean). Located in the Quinta da Barca, near Esposende (beaches). Lengths: White 2012m / Yellow 1829m / Red 1622m. GPS Coordinates: N41º31’09’’ W8º45’00’’.
4. Rilhadas Golf Club – A 9-hole course composed by 6 Par-3 holes and 3 Par-4 holes for a Par 30. A 2x9-hole for a Par 60. Between Fafe and Guimarães, framed by the majestic landscape of Minho, in a lush blend of shades of green. Stretching along with the Vizela River's margins, this course offers a nice challenge with narrow fairways. Several hazards and obstacles such as the river, require extreme precision. Lengths: White 2746m / Yellow 2314m / Red 1622m. GPS Coordinates: N41º25’34’’ W8º12’51’’.
*** programmes through a local biker’s group/club, where the guests can rent mountain and road bikes. It is possible to hire a guide to bike along the most beautiful mountain or road circuits. It is also possible to hire transportation for the bikes when is needed to go to distant circuits.